We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
The Visual Effects Supervisor flags any issues which may impact workflow or shot delivery. They translate bids into staffing hours to ensure an adequate number of artists are scheduled to meet delivery requirements. This role will look to improve the visual fidelity of our shots and help bring our creative work to the next level. He/she promotes interdepartmental communication to move information from one department to expedite completion and is on the pulse of all shots within the studio and is able to communicate status reports to the Executive Producer when required. This is not an on-set position; it is a full-time studio role.
- Keen awareness and responsibility for the entire production process and approving the creative work of everyone on the show.
- Verifying technical solutions proposed by team members.
- Working closely with the Creative Director to develop and interpret their creative vision.
- Briefing entire crew on the Creative Directors’ creative vision and giving artists the support and direction required to produce desired results.
- Working closely with the Executive Producer and Supervisors to coordinate the management of all project schedules to ensure that work is delivered to deadlines and the studio is run as efficiently as possible.
- Scheduling and leading all internal dailies and client shot review sessions – taking and distributing detailed meeting notes.
- Tracking the status of all shots in the pipeline, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database.
- Communicating successes and challenges faced by the team to the Executive Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensuring artists have the information and materials required to complete their work efficiently and to studio standard.
- Working with the Supervisors and artists to manage render priorities.
- Attending production and VFX meetings.
- Breaking down scripts and working with the Executive Producer in bidding
- Writing workflows and manuals as required.
- Providing guidance and feedback on shots while providing direct supervision to the departmental Supervisors.
- Assisting in recruitment duties, reviewing reels, making recommendations.
- Communicating effectively with clients, artists, and management, while guiding a shot from initial concept through final delivery.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of solid production experience leading a VFX team in any combination of TV, movies and/or games
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Mari, Nuke
- Strong understanding of directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools
- Expert level MS Excel skills
- Skilled in database management. Past Shotgun experience is a plus
- Skilled at scheduling and project management
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgment with a deep understanding of composition, cinematic design and animation timing
- Excellent understanding of composition, light and color with strong attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline
- Experience identifying and providing solutions to production issues
- Ability to develop and enhance studio profile with the clients and provide guidance in the bidding process
- Excellent communication, organization, and financial and budget management skills
- Experience motivating, leading and mentoring a team with enthusiasm and clarity
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude when working under pressure
- Highly organized, able to transform detail-oriented work into action
- Enjoys a lean environment where flexibility and the ability to re-prioritize are key
If you think you’ve got what it takes, and you can put check marks next to most of what we’re looking for, send us your resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.