We are a private, owner-operated independent creative agency. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, we attack our projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality. We have laser-sharp focus when it comes to executing our creative projects, but we need your help to strengthen our accounting systems, controls and reporting to ensure your knowledge of best practises are cemented into our studio operations.
About the Position
You have good to great working experience with QuickBooks and QuickBooks payroll. You are also experienced in designing and implementing monthly and annual forecasts and supporting corporate reporting to financial institutions. We work in an open-office environment that is also informal, flexible, team-oriented, and creative so you should be, too! Your organizational skills, attention to detail, and your ability to communicate effectively will help ensure that our financial systems run smoothly and people have the information they need to make sound business decisions.
About the Opportunity
Working closely with the Executive Producer, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining cash, processing vendor invoices, issuing progress billings (and managing receivable collections), processing of bi-weekly payroll (hourly and salaried), HST/WCB/T4 filings, bank reconciliation, journal entries, general ledger account analyses and financial/budget reports.
- Updating and reconciling cash and bank deposits.
- Preparing petty cash reports, expense reports, and bi-weekly cheque runs for vendor payments.
- Entering vendor invoices, run and reconciling payables aging reports.
- Analyzing office overhead charges and employee benefits.
- Preparing monthly HST returns.
- Preparing and remitting quarterly WCB premium remittances.
- Processing payroll including preparing monthly journal entries to allocate salaries to the appropriate accounts and reconciling year-end T4’s.
- Assisting the Executive Producer in preparing the monthly budget, preparing Budget/Actual analysis for all projects, and analyzing all proposal budgets to support RFP’s.
- Liaising with an external Corporate accountant for year-end financial statements and corporate tax return.
- Leading in managing SR&ED tracking/accounting and annual filing for SR&ED credits.
- Proactively enforcing internal reporting deadlines.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter along with compensation expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org