Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Reporting to the Owner, the CTO is ultimately responsible for ensuring the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy. By seeing the picture (while knowing all the details), this role understands what our technology can do, what the architecture can support, and how to grow and nurture a team of technical leaders.
- Establishes the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Works with other department managers as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides technical leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Develops and oversees IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures.
- Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Directs the development of technical disaster recovery plans.
- Participates as a member of the senior management team in establishing process to ensure that technical objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s technical resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely.
- Ensures that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Shares knowledge, mentors, and educates the organization’s management and staff, with regard to the company’s technological vision.
- Ensures company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establishes and monitors pipeline strategies, guidelines, scope and innovative solutions.
- Participates in staff evaluations, goal-setting and feedback.
- Selects and negotiates with outside technical service providers when needed.
- At least 7-10+ years of similar experience in the Information Technology arena, 5+ years in the VFX industry with demonstrated success.
- Expert knowledge of Shotgun, Nuke, Maya and Arnold.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team spanning from owners, producers, managers and artists.
- Ability to compromise when necessary to achieve overall best results.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.