We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
The Production Assistant is responsible for keeping the flow of production moving forward by assisting the Production team with tracking duties, artist output, and data entry as it pertains to the project schedule. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure artwork is reviewed by the department supervisor for approvals or revisions
- Track progress of assigned work, date started, expected due date, revisions, date approved, and escalate to Producer when needed.
- Organize, file, and distribute materials as necessary after approvals
- Communicate clearly with artists about deadlines and overall production schedule
- Respond to artists concerns regarding due dates and escalate as appropriate
- Daily maintenance of artist bids/dates in production management software
- Make sure artists have all material they need to complete their assignment
- Archive artwork when appropriate; depending on the nature of the material, copy onto disks with backup disk, preserve, put in storage; create an inventory list of all archived items
- Organize and maintain the server for space, filing and use
- Organize and maintain the ftp including regular clearing
- Track inventory that is available for artists and inform Production of any blockages
- In cooperation with the department supervisors, ensure that all artists are fully briefed on project task assignments, level of detail, and priorities
- Troubleshoot possible problems or issues and escalate as needed
- Make sure artwork is ready for shipment dates
- Helps maintain a positive team environment
- 6 months+ experience in a VFX Production or Production studio environment preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of methods and processes used in visual effects pipelines
- Good report writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Proactive team player
- Working knowledge of production databases
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to email@example.com.